BurgeraX: Scorpion [Drum & Bass] BurgeraX: Scorpion [Drum & Bass]

I listened to this side-by-side with Earthquake by Teminite, and they sound almost exactly the same: melody, chord progression, structure, etc.

It's fine to take inspiration, but avoid making your songs sound exactly the same as the source, it will help you in the long run.

BurgeraX responds:

k lol, its an old song. i didnt really know better back half a year ago :0

Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression

This is fucking incredible. I love how you worked HeliXiX's ambiances in with your style of cinematic instrumentation. My favorite thing about this track - the ability to close your eyes and listen to everything around you. It's hard to find tracks these days that I can do that with. For that, I applaud you.

Awesome work guys!

Zetta & Dead Critic - Gameboy (Sharks Remix) Zetta & Dead Critic - Gameboy (Sharks Remix)

First of all, you've got a hefty amount of clashing rhythms. Make sure to take a look at the song you're remixing, and notice how the notes are laid out in triplets. When you go to make any additional sounds and patterns, be sure to keep them in triplets.

Second of all, the transitions in the drop are really gritty. I would suggest adding some crashes or white noise and compressing basses together to make sure your songs flow into transitions rather than having them abruptly stop and start.

Finally, I would say switch it up a little. I've listened to the original quite a few times, and it sounds a little bit too much like it. I suggested sample from the original only when you need to fill space or create fullness in empty spaces. Also, adding to that, I'd love to hear some chord progressions in places where the sound feels dry.

Overall, I like your concept! Just work on making your song flow and memorable. Keep it up! Look forward to more stuff coming from you. :)

Detious - Hypersphere Detious - Hypersphere

That high end needs a major nerf. Other than that, fuckin solid Dra. Your padwork is awesome.

DetiousMusic responds:

NERF THIS

Tragic End Tragic End

Oh my godddddd.

That voice at the beginning gave me chills. Your instrumentation is also on point. This entire song is beautifully composed and the chord progression is amazing.

The ambiance of this song is stunning, I love how you used your percussion in the chorus.

Good luck with your project, I'm looking forward to seeing it evolve. <3